Tired of hiding your smile on Zoom calls? Worried your child’s teeth are coming in crooked? Or just have some questions about orthodontic treatment in general like: How long do braces take? How does Invisalign work? At Hawley Orthodontics, we have you covered. We offer free, no-pressure orthodontic consultations at our Papillion, NE practice. This first orthodontic visit is meant to give you a chance to tour our office, meet Dr. Hawley and our team, learn more about your treatment options and have all of your questions answered. Our ultimate goal is for you to feel informed, confident and excited about beginning your or your child’s smile journey.
1. Receive a Warm Welcome
Come on in. You’ll be greeted by one of our amazing team members (believe us, they’re smiling under that mask!). If you arrive early for your Invisalign or braces consultation, you can relax in our super comfy reception area and enjoy free WiFi and our refreshment bar. When it’s time for your appointment, we’ll take your new patient form (you can print it out here to fill out ahead of time), insurance details and then show you around the office.
2. Have Diagnostic Records Taken
Next up: diagnostic records. We’ll snap some digital photos of your teeth and face. Then, we’ll take a panoramic and cephalometric x-ray. A panoramic and cepha-lo-what? These x-rays cover a much wider view than the standard intraoral, bitewing x-rays your dentist takes. They’re an important diagnostic and treatment planning tool because we can see your entire skull, including the relationship between your profile, teeth and jaw, allowing the orthodontist to create a smile that complements your unique facial features. We use state-of-the-art digital imaging technology that exposes patients to the least amount of radiation, while also giving us incredibly detailed visual information.
3. Get Examined by Dr. Hawley
Once your diagnostic records are complete, you’ll get to meet our awesome Papillion orthodontist, Dr. Hawley. He’ll perform a thorough oral exam in order to assess your teeth and bite (the way the upper and lower teeth come together when you close your mouth). He’ll use his findings, as well as your diagnostic records, to develop an accurate diagnosis and personalized treatment plan.
4. Chat With the Doc
Dr. Hawley will sit down with you (and mom or dad if you’re not a grown-up) and discuss your smile concerns, your goals for treatment and your lifestyle, and fill you in on your treatment options, which could include:
- Self-ligating, metal braces – Our self-ligating, metal braces feature smaller, smoother brackets and high-tech wires, so though they’re made of stainless steel, they’re less noticeable and more comfortable than traditional braces. Self-ligating braces don’t require elastics, but if you want to add them for some color and fun, you certainly can.
- Self-ligating, ceramic braces – Our clear, ceramic braces are translucent and blend right in with your smile, making them more low profile than metal braces. Since the self-ligating brackets don’t feature metal ties or elastics and have a smooth, small design, they’re more discreet than conventional ceramic braces. We automatically put ceramic braces on our teen and adult patients’ top teeth.
- Invisalign® / Invisalign Teen – Dr. Hawley is a leading Omaha Invisalign and Invisalign Teen provider. The removable, clear, plastic aligners are comfortable, convenient and don’t involve brackets and wires. Most people won’t notice you’re wearing them, there are no food restrictions and oral hygiene is a breeze.
- Other Appliances – Sometimes, other appliances might be recommended. This is more common with our younger patients in phase 1 orthodontic treatment. Depending on your child’s needs, we can use different appliances to guide jaw growth while they’re still growing and prevent serious issues down the road.
After recommending the best treatment options for you, Dr. Hawley will use your x-rays and photos as a guide to walk you through your diagnosis and exactly how the treatment will work to perfect your smile. He’ll take all of the time you need to answer any questions you may have. How long do braces take? Will Invisalign work for my overbite? What will happen if I postpone my child’s treatment? Whatever’s on your mind, fire away.
5. Discuss the Details
Of course, no first orthodontist visit would be complete without answering the million dollar question: How much will orthodontic treatment cost? At Hawley Orthodontics, we’re committed to making Invisalign and braces affordable for all of our patients. Once you’ve heard the treatment options from Dr. Hawley, your treatment coordinator will outline your braces or Invisalign cost upfront so there are no surprises.
The good news is, we don’t think you should have to pick a treatment option based on price. Your smile, your style! That’s why we don’t have upcharges. While some practices charge more for esthetic options like Invisalign or clear braces, we offer metal braces, ceramic braces, Invisalign and Invisalign Teen all for the same fair price.
Additionally, we accept most insurance and we’ll perform a free insurance benefits check at this first orthodontist visit to help you determine your coverage. If your insurance does cover orthodontics, this can greatly reduce your out-of-pocket costs for even more affordable braces or Invisalign treatment. We’ll also work with you to find a down payment and financing plan that suits your budget.
6. Get Started (Same-Day Braces and Invisalign!)
If you’re ready to dive right in, in most cases, we can start your treatment right after your orthodontic consultation, saving you a trip to our office. That’s right, for your convenience, we offer same-day braces and Invisalign. (Of course, there’s no obligation and you can choose to hold off.) For same-day braces, we’ll bond brackets to your teeth following your braces consultation and you’ll leave with your appliance in place.
For Invisalign patients, immediately after your consultation, we’ll take your digital impressions, create a 3D, computerized model of your mouth and Dr. Hawley will plan out your treatment on the model. He can even show you what your new smile will look like with the Invisalign Outcome Simulator. He’ll then send his treatment plan to the Invisalign lab and they’ll print out your custom, clear aligners based on Dr. Hawley’s specifications. When your Invisalign aligners are ready, you’ll simply swing by to pick them up and start wearing them.
Now that we’ve walked you through what happens at your first orthodontic visit at Hawley Orthodontics, are you ready to see how we can create a beautiful smile that’s uniquely you? Schedule your free consultation with Dr. Hawley today, either in-person or virtual. You’ll be able to decide on the best treatment option for your needs and we’ll work with you to make Invisalign or braces affordable for your family. The best part – aside from the results- is that thanks to our fun, relaxed atmosphere and friendly doctor and team, you’ll actually enjoy the process!