May 1, 2020
We’re super excited to start seeing patients again on Monday, May 4. We hope you’re excited to see us too because believe it or not, we’ve missed your smiling faces and all of your broken brackets! Our goal, as always, will be to provide you a great experience, in a safe, comfortable and happy environment.
Your next couple of appointments may look a little different as we do everything we can to contain the transmission of COVID-19. At Hawley Orthodontics we’re committed to your safety and will be complying with recommendations set forth by the CDC, the Nebraska Dental Association, and Governor Ricketts. As always, we will continue our high-level disinfection between patients, hospital grade sterilization of instruments, and appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment.
Our appointment check-in and check-out process is changing for the time being. We look forward to when we can welcome everyone into our reception area again, but for now, we will be limiting the number of guests coming in and out of the office.
On the day of your appointment, please follow our new procedure:
1. Park in one of our designated (numbered) stalls.
2. One of our awesome team members will greet you at your car. If possible, please bring a completed COVID-19 Health Questionnaire to your appointment (click here to download), or we will have the questionnaire available to complete upon arrival. Then we’ll get you checked-in for your appointment.
3. Once checked-in, one of our assistants will come to your car and escort the patient into the office. For now, we request just the patient attend the appointment. If a parent/guardian needs to accompany the patient (i.e. due to patient’s age or appointment type), we ask that it only be 1 person. Patients do not need to wear masks into the office. Parents/Guardians will need to bring a mask to wear if they plan to attend the appointment.
4. Treatment with Dr. Hawley! Our treatment chairs are all spaced 8-9 feet apart, so there’s plenty of room between patients!
5. Once treatment is completed, the assistant will then walk the patient back to the car, and answer any and all questions you may have.
6. You’ll receive a text message from us to get your next appointment scheduled – you can either text us back or give us a call at 402-592-3200.
Thank you for your understanding as we work together to achieve your best smile! We’ll get through this together, and as the situation continues to progress, we’ll keep you in the loop on what’s happening in the office. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions! See you soon!
Dr. Hawley and the Hawley Orthodontics Team
March 18, 2020
In light of the current COVID-19 crisis and in the interest of protecting our patients and Orthodontic Team, we are following the recommendation of the Nebraska Dental Association, and have made the hard decision to close our office (EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY) and cancel all appointments until April 1st.
We will be contacting every patient who is on the schedule from now until then and will reappoint you once we have more information in the next two weeks. We are actively working on setting up virtual appointments with Dr. Hawley, when possible too!
We will remain available for emergencies and to answer any questions via phone or email.
Phone: (402) 592-3200
As small business owners, healthcare providers, parents and community members we feel the need to do our part to #flattenthecurve. The health of our patients and staff is our top priority!
Thank you so much for your support and understanding during this difficult time. We feel blessed to be part of such an amazing community. We take comfort knowing we will get through this together. We will continue to update you as new information becomes available.
Continue wearing your aligners as instructed. If you are on your last aligner and have an appointment in this two-week time frame, continue wearing the last aligner until you are seen again. Any questions or concerns, please contact us.
Hygiene, hygiene, hygiene! Brush, floss, repeat. Continue with your treatment as directed until you are seen again.
Expander and Elastics Patients:
Continue with your treatment as directed. If your appointment falls in this next two-weeks, please call us before continuing further.
Stay safe and keep smiling! =)
Dr. Hawley and the Hawley Orthodontics Team